Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tek Pha Hok - Khmer Dipping Sauce

*One of my most favorite Dipping Sauce! Yes, like most Khmer/ Southeast Asian foods "It Smells Like Hell, but Taste Like Heaven!"

:Ingredients:
3 - Garlic Cloves
6 - Thai Chilli Peppers
1 C - Diced Lemongrass
4 Tbsp - Pha Hok
2 - Green Thai Egg Plant
1 Lg - Button Mushroom
1 C - Assorted Mints
4 Tbsp -- Sugar
½ tsp - MSG
2 -- Limes (Juiced)
½ -1 C -- Boiled Hot Water

For Step by Step Instructions
 Just Click Play!


Hugs & Hearts
Sopheak

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I was always so hesitant to make this because I thought it was so hard to do, but its so easy the way you do it, again THANK YOU so much im making this tonight with my steak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking With SopheakOctober 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

    Hi Stephanini - you're so welcome! Thank you again for stopping by my page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sopheak Idk what the other fruit dip is called. But back in hs some of my Cambodian friends had brought in some powder/ spice mix to dip plums. It was good do you know what it might be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sopheak,

    I would like to know if the Pha Hok is raw or cooked? If it's raw, can we cook it? And how do we cook it? In a hot water and then we just use the water of the Pha Hok? Is that correct? I tried to find videos on that, but I didn't find any. Please help me.

    I have bought Pickled Gourami fish, but the fish is still in ''piece'' and it's not as pasty as yours... Is that normal? I can't find your brand in my country... :P

    ReplyDelete